Blog

Pitfalls and Solutions for Weight Loss

If you are among the 45 million Americans who go on a diet each year, you are likely among the estimated 95% who eventually “fall off the bandwagon” and regain the weight. With an estimated five percent success rate, programs that promise quick & easy weight loss present pretty grim odds. If diets only succeed 5% of the time, why...[ read more ]

3 Steps To a Body-Confident Mindset

How do you know if your Body Image needs a tune-up? Do any of the following apply to you: Do you pinch, measure, weigh, and suck in body parts obsessively? Is your day ruined when you compare yourself to someone with a “better” body (like an Instagram fitness guru)? Is your day ruined when you weigh yourself? Have you given...[ read more ]

Motivate Your Spouse To Get Healthy

You and your spouse used to bond over eating out & pigging out, watching TV, or partying (or all of the above), but you have decided to make some changes and start living healthier. You've started to exercise, or you're cooking fresh meals, or you're drinking less, and as a result you're noticing improvements in your energy level, your mood, and...[ read more ]

The Mental Side of Getting Fit

Whether you are a new fitness enthusiast, a seasoned athlete, or somewhere in the middle, we all have in common the mental struggle of talking ourselves into showing up for the next workout. It's helpful to remember that being fit is not some magical, end goal, but a constant process of becoming.  What determines whether someone is successful with their...[ read more ]

How To Make Exercise a HABIT

"What if I told you, there was something you could do right now, that would have an immediate positive benefit for your brain, including your mood and your focus...and that could last a long time, protecting your brain from conditions like depression and alzheimers?" What is this brain-altering phenomenon? EXERCISE! In her TED talk, The Brain Changing Effects of Exercise, neuroscientist...[ read more ]

Healthy Life / Part 3: Evaluate Your Progress

[This article is Part 3 in a series on creating long-term healthy lifestyle. Check out Part 1: Create Your Vision, and Part 2: Set A Goal, before reading part 3.] Kelly, had a vexing, gaping pothole in her neighborhood, on a road she travelled daily. Every day for weeks, her mind would be somewhere else, when she'd inevitably hit that pothole...[ read more ]

Healthy Life / Part 1: Create Your Vision

A sustainable approach to healthy living begins with a clear goal in mind that considers all the complexities that encompass your life. The first step is to envision your "map", or all the details of what your life will be like when you're at your health potential. Read on to learn how to create a clear vision of your destination....[ read more ]

Health Fact or Fiction? Tips for Evaluating Information

Healthy living is central to a vibrant and happy life, and seeking to make healthy lifestyle changes is a laudable goal. However, when we try to fit ourselves into the boxes of diet fads, fitness crazes, or whatever our neighbor is doing, we may be setting ourselves up for failure. Here are some helpful tips for  discerning what is legit...[ read more ]



1184 Nashville Pike
Gallatin, TN 37066

emily@tnmentalwellness.com
(615) 510-4551

Got Questions?
Send a Message!

By submitting this form via this web portal, you acknowledge and accept the risks of communicating your health information via this unencrypted email and electronic messaging and wish to continue despite those risks. By clicking "Yes, I want to submit this form" you agree to hold Brighter Vision harmless for unauthorized use, disclosure, or access of your protected health information sent via this electronic means.